News & Announcements
- New Schedules and Deadline - There will be a new print schedule coming out soon in the Spring of 2017. Any new or changed meetings notify CSO Office by Thursday March 23 2017. A new meeting must be in existence 6 months before it can be on the schedule.
- Bridging the Gap - If you or anyone you know has recently been discharged from treatment for alcoholism and are looking for assistance to transition into Alcoholics Anonymous, help is available. By calling Mable at the Michiana Central Service Office (C.S.O.) at (574)234-7007, the new member will receive a welcome to A.A. and description of what the office can provide to A.A. members. Mable can also answer any questions that you might have pertaining to A.A. and recovery. If desired by the new member, Mable will also secure their phone number so that a Bridging the Gap volunteer can contact the new member. The B.T.G. volunteer will then contact the new member and arrange to take them to a meeting as soon as possible. The volunteer will introduce the new member to other A.A. members, provide a schedule of meetings, and encourage the new member to attend A.A. meetings regularly, going to meetings together when possible. The volunteer will also encourage the new member to find a home group and get a sponsor/temporary sponsor as soon as possible. It is important to note that the B.T.G. volunteer is only a temporary contact and not a sponsor, though the relationship may turn into sponsorship. Having an A.A. member to share their experience, strength, and hope with the new member can only help them to not feel so alone and have a better chance to "bridge the gap" from treatment to A.A. Also, if you are interested in service and becoming a Bridging the Gap volunteer please contact Mable at the office.
Misti's Hope (Hope Ministries)
- Fundraising events for June Picnic - Misti's Hope has a couple of fundraising events going on in March and April 2017 to help fund their first Picnic planned for this summer. Please consider helping them out. Details are on the Events Page.
- "Back To Basics" Meetings - join us as we recreate the "Beginners Meetings as done in the 1940's and 50's. Complete the full 12 Steps in four weeks! Each Friday of the month from 6-7 PM, first session starting on the first Friday of the month.
- The Young and the Restless - come join us every Thursday at 8:30 pm to share a meeting, fellowship, and common life experiences with the young adult crowd of AA.
- Thank You for Alkathon Support - Area Hall would like to express it's thanks to the groups and individuals that contributed money and time to make this past years Alkathon a success! Click here for the contributor details!
- Brownies "Little Red Book Study" - looking for something new in your meeting schedule but old in tradition? Come join us starting April 3 each Wednesday 8PM at Brownies 616 Pierce St South Bend for the Little Red Book study.
- Sunday Sweet & Sober Speaker Meeting - every Sunday at 7pm. Come share your experience, strength, and hope. And have some ice cream and cake while you're at it! Hope Family Center 432 S Lafayette Blvd. South Bend
- The Steps That We Take - come join us every Saturday at 11:30 -1 PM to study how we apply the principles in our lives to achieve Freedom From Alcoholism! Church of God: 1013 Cass Street, Niles, MI
- "Sobriety In Service" Meeting - every Thursday at 11:30 am. Learn HOW we stay sober and continue the message. Studebaker Museum 201 Chapin St. South Bend